Top 40 High-Yield Blue-Chip UK Stocks 2023
A regularly updated list of high-yield blue-chip UK stocks from the FTSE 350
Most dividend investors are usually on the lookout for their next potential investment, so here you'll find a list of the top 40 high-yield blue-chip UK stocks.
This is a purely mechanical list that ranks blue-chip stocks from the FTSE 350 by a combination of their market capitalisation (bigger is better) and dividend yield (higher is better), and then selects the 40 stocks with the best combination.
The list is updated every month and a related blog is published at the beginning of each quarter.
The data for the list is kindly provided by SharePad.
Top 40 UK Dividend Stocks - November 2023
Top Dividend Stocks
In November, the top ten UK dividend stocks were:
- British American Tobacco
- Rio Tinto
- Anglo American
- Legal & General
- Imperial Brands
- Phoenix Group
How are these top 40 stocks ranked?
The ranking system is extremely simple.
This is a list of high-yield blue-chip (i.e. large) UK stocks, so the list is created using the following process:
- Start with all stocks in the FTSE 350
- Remove any stocks with a zero dividend yield (i.e. no dividend paid last year)
- Give each remaining stock a "size rank" in descending size order
- Give each stock a "yield rank" in descending yield order
- Add the size and yield ranks together
- Sort the list by the combined rank so the stock with the best combination of large size and high yield is at the top of the list, followed by the next best and so on
Top 40 UK Dividend Stocks - Archive
If you'd like to know what the top UK dividend stocks were in the past, use the links below to visit any of the related quarterly blog posts, which include additional commentary that was relevant at the time.
- Top UK dividend stocks: Autumn 2023 (Top 3: British American Tobacco, Rio Tinto, Vodafone)
- Top UK dividend stocks: Summer 2023 (Top 3: Glencore, British American Tobacco, HSBC)
- Top UK dividend stocks: Spring 2023 (Top 3: HSBC, Glencore, British American Tobacco)
- Top UK dividend stocks: Autumn 2022 (Top 3: Rio Tinto, Glencore, NatWest)
This website provides information and education for investors. It does not provide financial advice. If you're not sure if an investment is right for you, you should speak to a regulated financial adviser. Please read the disclaimer for more detail.