The UK Dividend Stocks Portfolio
By John Kingham
Launched in 2011, this is a virtual portfolio of 20 to 30 high-quality UK dividend stocks from the FTSE All-Share index. It holds exactly the same shares as my personal portfolio with approximately the same position sizes.
My overall goal with this portfolio is to show investors how a portfolio of UK dividend stocks can be used to generate a robust stream of dividends that can grow ahead of inflation.
My performance goals for this portfolio are as follows:
- Income: Have a higher dividend yield than the FTSE All-Share and preferably more than 5%
- Growth: Generate higher total returns than the All-Share over five or ten years and preferably more than 10% annualised
- Risk: Be less volatile than the All-Share
I manage this portfolio using an investment strategy that I have been developing for more than a decade. To find out more about this strategy and how I analyse companies, please take a look at this investment checklist.
Here are the latest portfolio-related blog posts.
Please note that my 5% dividend yield goal was only introduced in 2021, which is why the model portfolio's yield has been below 5% for most of its history. So the 5% yield target only applies from 2022 onwards.
What would you like to do now?
- Read the blog to get informative and educational content including company reviews, how-to guides, market valuations and more.
- Access free resources, including the investment checklist and investment spreadsheet I use to analyse and value companies.
- Subscribe to the UK Dividend Stocks Newsletter and get full access to the model portfolio, buy/sell reviews, fair value estimates and more.
This website provides information about investing. It does not provide personal financial advice. If you need advice relating to a specific investment you should speak to a regulated financial adviser.