UK Dividend Stocks Model Portfolio
The UK Dividend Stocks Membership Program is based around a virtual "model portfolio" which holds exactly the same stocks as my real-world portfolio.
The aim is to provide an educational resource for sensible, long-term dividend investors, by showing them every aspect of how a portfolio of dividend stocks can be managed in the real world.
The model portfolio is a dividend growth portfolio, so it has the following goals:
- High Yield: Higher than the FTSE All-Share, ideally aiming for 5% or more
- High growth: Higher than the FTSE All-Share, ideally aiming for a 5% dividend growth rate or more (giving a total return target of 10%)
- Low risk: Suffer smaller annual declines than the FTSE All-Share
There is also a fourth goal, which is to grow the portfolio to £1 million by 2041 from its starting value of £50,000 in 2011. This is just to keep things interesting as the decades fly by, and it requires an annualised return of 10% per year over 30 years.
To achieve these goals, the portfolio invests in high-quality dividend growth stocks using a simple three-step strategy.
- Own high-quality dividend growth stocks
- Own them at attractive valuations
- Own a portfolio that is both concentrated and diverse
Stock markets go up and down over the short term, so performance should be measured over five years at the very least, and preferably ten years.
The charts and tables below should give you a good idea of how the portfolio has performed over the longer term.
Note that the 5% yield goal was new in 2021, so don't judge the portfolio's pre-2021 yield by that standard.
Ex-holdings purchase and sale reviews
Every purchase and sale decision is accompanied by a detailed review using my Company Review Checklist.
Below you'll find these purchase and sale reviews for every ex-holding, going all the way back to the model portfolio's inception in 2011.
There are many lessons contained within these reviews, especially the sale reviews.
Note: Before mid-2021, these reviews were published as part of the monthly UK Value Investor newsletter, which was the predeccessor to UKDividendStocks.com.
All reviews are in PDF format.
Companies sold in 2021
- Burberry (2015 - 2021)
- XP Power (2017 - 2021)
- Petrofac (2014 - 2021)
- Standard Life Aberdeen (2016 - 2021)
- Mitie (2011 - 2021)
- N Brown (2014 - 2020)
- Hyve (2015 - 2021)
Companies sold in 2020
- Dunelm (2016 - 2020)
- Xaar (2018 - 2020)
- Ted Baker (2018 - 2020)
- Aggreko (2016 - 2020)
Companies sold in 2019
- The Restaurant Group (2016 - 2019)
- SSE (2011 - 2019)
- Vodafone (2011 - 2019)
- Compass Group (2018 - 2019)
- Centrica (2012 - 2019)
- GlaxoSmithKline (2015 - 2019)
Companies sold 2011 to 2018
- Coming soon...
What would you like to do now?
- Read the blog where you'll find company reviews, how-to articles, market valuations and more.
- Take a course and learn how to invest in high-quality dividend stocks at your own pace.
- Become a Member and follow along with the Model Portfolio to see a sensible dividend growth strategy being applied in the real world.
This website offers information about investing. It doesn't offer personal financial advice. If you are unsure whether a specific investment is suitable or think you need a personal recommendation, speak to a regulated financial adviser. The price and value of investments and their income fluctuate and you may get back less than you invested.