The UK Dividend Stocks Portfolio
This portfolio is the centrepiece of the UK Dividend Stocks Newsletter.
Launched in 2011, it's a virtual portfolio of 20 to 25 high-quality UK dividend stocks from the FTSE 100, FTSE 250 and FTSE Small-Cap indices. It holds exactly the same shares as my real-world portfolio with approximately the same position sizes. All dividends are reinvested.
This is an income and growth portfolio, so its performance goals are:
- High Yield: Have a higher dividend yield than the FTSE All-Share and ideally more than 5%
- High Growth: Produce higher total returns than the All-Share over ten years and ideally more than 10% annualised
- Progressive Dividend: The portfolio's dividend should be at least as robust as the FTSE All-Share's and should ideally grow ahead of inflation every year
I manage the portfolio using a systematic approach that I have developed over more than a decade. To learn more about this strategy, I suggest subscribing to the blog and reading through my investment checklist. If you want more detail than that, you're welcome to read my book, The Defensive Value Investor.
Quarterly Portfolio Reviews
I post quarterly portfolio reviews on the blog, along with reviews of any stocks I've recently sold.
Before 2021, these reviews were posted on my old blog at UKValueInvestor.com.
The charts and tables below show the portfolio's performance versus a FTSE All-Share tracker (accumulation fund) and also my 5% yield and 10% annualised total return targets.
Please note that the 5% dividend yield goal was only introduced in 2021, so it isn't a fair benchmark before that date.
Buy and Sell Reviews for Past Holdings
Managing a portfolio of shares is a bit like managing a garden. There are regular recurring tasks that need to be performed to keep the garden (or portfolio) in tip-top shape.
Fast-growing plants need to be trimmed back and weeds need to be removed and replaced with something more attractive.
The same ideas apply to investing. To remove weak or overvalued holdings and replace them with stronger and more attractively valued alternatives, I'll typically add or remove one holding every month or two.
Before I buy or sell a company, I always carry out a detailed review using my investment checklist. If I do decide to make the trade, I'll first write up the review in the monthly newsletter and then send it out to subscribers.
You can read these buy and sell reviews for all past holdings in the sections below (click on each section to expand).
2022 Past Holdings Reviews
2021 Past Holdings Reviews
2020 Past Holdings Reviews
2019 Past Holdings Reviews
2018 Past Holdings Reviews
2017 Past Holdings Reviews
2016 Past Holdings Reviews
2015 Past Holdings Reviews
2014 Past Holdings Reviews
2013 Past Holdings Reviews
2012 Past Holdings Reviews
What would you like to do now?
- Read the blog to get informative and educational content including company reviews, how-to guides, market valuations and more.
- Access free resources, including the investment checklist and investment spreadsheet I use to analyse and value companies.
- Subscribe to the UK Dividend Stocks Newsletter and get full access to the model portfolio, buy/sell reviews, fair value estimates and more.
This website provides information about investing. It does not provide personal financial advice. If you need advice relating to a specific investment you should speak to a regulated financial adviser.