Hello and welcome to UKDividendStocks.com.
In this post, I'll briefly outline who this site is for and what you'll find on the site, and then I'll give you a bit of information about me and why I set up the site.
Who this site is for
With a name like UKDividendStocks.com, it's fairly obvious that this site is for investors interested in UK dividend stocks.
More specifically, this site is for UK investors who want to invest in high-quality dividend stocks for long-term income and growth.
What this site offers
In my opinion, dividend investors should do three things to be successful:
- Own quality dividend stocks
- Own them at attractive valuations
- Own a concentrated and diverse portfolio
This website will be 100% focused on providing investors with information and tools to help them successfully achieve those three goals.
It will do this in three ways:
- Blog posts for investors who want company reviews, market valuations, investment strategy insights and more.
- Investing courses for investors who want to learn about dividend growth investing in a structured format at their own pace.
- Membership for investors who want to learn about investing in the real world by following along with a fully transparent Model Portfolio which is a virtualised version of my real-world portfolio. Members get to read detailed reviews of the latest buy or sell decisions, have access to my stock screen and watchlist and much more.
A brief history of the site
From 2008 to 2021 I ran a fairly well-known website called UKValueInvestor.com.
It started out as a personal blog about my journey as an investor and morphed, in 2011, into a paid monthly newsletter for UK investors who were looking for relatively defensive but attractively valued dividend stocks.
I enjoyed running the site but eventually, I realised two things:
- My strategy had evolved to the point where most people would describe it as dividend growth investing rather than value investing (although valuing companies is still at the heart of my approach)
- The paid service was a monthly PDF newsletter and in today's world of YouTube, podcasts and apps, this seemed woefully outdated.
So I launched UKDividendStocks.com in 2021 to fix both problems.
The new name more clearly says what the site is about and it's built on a technology platform that enables the creation of courses, videos and podcasts much more easily and professionally. In other words, it adds much more value to the modern investor.
A bit about me
My professional background is in computer programming and software analysis, primarily in the insurance industry.
In 2008 I started UKValueInvestor.com as a personal blog to record my investment ideas and to interact with other investors.
In 2011 I left my career in software to become a full-time investor and investment newsletter writer.
In 2016 my first book, The Defensive Value Investor, was published by Harriman House.
In 2017 I was lucky enough to have a chapter included in the New Book of Investing Rules alongside other investors such as Anthony Bolton, Jack Bogle and Nick Train.
I've also written many articles for Master Investor Magazine and The Property Chronicle.
As an ex-software analyst, I tend to think in terms of repeatable processes, and that's how I've built my investment strategy. It's a step-by-step approach to building a portfolio of quality dividend stocks for long-term income and growth.
If you're interested in quality dividend stocks then subscribe to the blog and I'll send you the latest blog posts as soon as they're published.
Become a Better Dividend Growth Investor
Education and practical tools for sensible, long-term dividend investors:
Subscribe to the UK Dividend Stocks Blog
Get the latest posts in (at most) one email per week:
One email per week (at most). No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.